The Tournament will be played over four days (Wednesday to Saturday) with arrival, registration and formal issues Monday to Thursday, and a double competition on Sunday.
- 200 competitors from 24 nations are invited: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Great Britain, Israel, Italy, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Lithuania, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and other European nations. Each country receives a quota of participants based on the number of its licensed players.
- Individual European Championship in six categories (Divisions) Juniors (under 19), Ladies and Open (no age limit), Masters (40-49 years), Grandmasters (50-59 years), Senior Grandmaster (60-69 years) each competitor performs four rounds of 18 holes, golf start
- European Championships in doubles (open and mixed category) each doubles pair plays 18 holes, best-shot format, shotgun start
- 1997 : Stockholm, Sweden
- 1999 : Gstaad, Switzerland
- 2001 : Oslo, Norway
- 2003 : Beaminster – Dorset, UK
- 2005 : Tampere, Finland
- 2007 : Namur, Belgium
- 2008 : Söhnstetten et Heidenheim, Germany
- 2010 : Olhain et Wingles – Pas-de-Calais, France
- 2012 : Colchester – Essex, UK